Monday, February 23, 2015

Wasting Time at the Oscars Last Night

     I knew better. I was watching the Memphis Grizzlies, but during the commercials I began peeking in at the Academy Awards to see if American Sniper would win all the awards. As a Vietnam Veteran I know I was prejudiced but Sniper really should have swept the Oscars. I really don't know for sure, but I don't think it won a single award.
     I should have known. One look at any of the awards being handed out and it was obvious. The people in attendance were there, not to see, but be seen. Not to glory, but to be glorious. Not to gaze at stars, but to bask in one's own stardom and beauty.
     The scripts prepared for the presenters cleverly skewed to glorify the left's pet ideologies, Homosexuality, cleavage revealing fashion, and non-ending selfies for the beautiful people. At least they have convinced themselves they are beautiful, with the biggest lips, hips, boobs, or bank account.
     Todd Starnes said it best. "  American Sniper doesn't need an Oscar from Hollywood when they already won the heart and respect of the nation."
     So the Grizzlies won and the Academy Awards were a total waste of
time. In the total scheme of things, the Grizzlies are far more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment