Sunday, July 1, 2018

Don't Fall for Babel

      Genesis 11:9 (KJV) 9  Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

      We call Foolish talk, rambling talk, and nonsensical talk Babel. We still say Foolish people Babel; and God indeed has confounded the language of Today's Journalistic Body. I wrote about that last week. But God didn't Call Christians to be a confused body.
1 Corinthians 1:26-28 (KJV) 26  For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28  And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

      God doesn't call very many Wise Men to be Evangelists or Pastors or Teachers; not in the way that we men see other men as Wise. No, God choses the man, and then he Gives the man Wisdom as a Spiritual Gift. He doesn't chose many Powerful men. Did you ever wonder what Sampson looked like. I personally do not believe he was a big Muscular Man. Who would see that as amazing? No, I believe Sampson was rather runty and small, someone who no one could ever believe to be so strong. Sampson's Strength was in the Holy Spirit Who "came upon him" when strength was needed. His strength was sent by God.
      God doesn't call the Noble. He doesn't need Kings and Princes or the Rich and Famous to get his Word across to the masses. He provides his Word via the Holy Spirit to His Messengers, however lowly they may appear compared to some Hollywood Star.
      When I could stand and walk, I used to do a Jail Ministry with Gideon's International. I often asked God why He would chose me to go. I wasn't a great speaker, I was never very good at memorizing Scriptures. I had never studied Theology, or Greek, or Hebrew. But I told Him if I was the one He wanted to go, that I was willing. I asked Him to bless that willingness with the Message He wanted me to share; and WOW!!! did He answer that prayer.
      Many times I would hear someone quote a verse of the Bible I had never remembered memorizing. I would look around to see who had Quoted the Verse, and I would suddenly realize it had been me speaking. Words I had never composed, verses I had never memorized, song lyrics of old songs I thought I had forgotten were suddenly available to me via The Holy Spirit. An Inmate would ask a question and I would feel my fingers turning my Bible to just the right Scripture. I didn't get tired of standing, I didn't get weary. I could have happily Preached all night.
      That is what it should be like for your Pastor at your Church. Whether he is a well dressed Big City Gentleman in a Silk Suit and a $1,000 Tie and shiny Italian Shoes, or a grizzled old country boy more comfortable in jeans and Cowboy Boots, it shouldn't be his intellect or Theological Training delivering the message; it should be the Holy Spirit talking through him. If he is not using the Bible as his Sermon's foundation, go to another Church. Check out what he says with your own Bible. If the Sermon doesn't agree 100% with what the Bible says, throw that sermon and that "pastor" out like dirty bath water.
      The world is Babbling, Journalism is Dead, too many Pastors are telling jokes instead of preaching, your Local News Broadcast is Babbling, Your National News is Babbling, Late Night TV, (for sure), is Babbling and unfit to even watch. If you want to know the truth about a News Story you'll have to look it up yourself, but watch out for Google (they skew their data to the Left), Wikipedia is unreliable (any one with a computer can write it's definitions to suit their Political whims); watch out for the Fact Checker Sites (clever leftist sites, like Snopes, carefully rewrite and skew News Stories and rate them to deceive the masses). LOOK UP your own Facts. That includes the Sermon this Sunday. If it doesn't match what the Bible says. Find a Pastor who is True to the Word. Don't accept Babel.

No comments:

Post a Comment