Saturday, February 2, 2019

Rapture is Near

      I genuinely believe the Rapture is very near. Oh, I don't know the exact hour or the day, but I know it is time to watch for Christ's Second Coming. The unfortunate reality is that many Church's will go on with regular services and have less than 3-4 members who were taken up. They won't even be missed. The Preacher will Preach his regular Sermon, the Music Minister will sing his usual songs including "Oh how I Love Jesus", and there will be the usual potato salad and green bean casseroles at the afternoon Fellowship. But they will have missed the Rapture. Left Behind.
      Jesus gave us warnings and signs of when these times were to be. He told us which generation would see the Rapture.
 Luke 21:29-32 (KJV) 29  And he spoke to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
30  When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
31  So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
32  Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled. 

            The Fig tree is a symbol of the Nation of Israel becoming a Nation again in 1948. That generation is the Baby Boomer Generation of which I am a part. I was a first year Baby Boomer. And as a kid I loved to watch the evening news with Dad because there were tanks rolling across the Mideast. I had toy soldiers and tanks and there on the Evening News were conquering Israeli forces. There were no People known as Palestinian in those days, all the refugee camps were full of Egyptians, Syrians, Lebanese, and Jordanian. I saw it all happen. So I am, "that Generation". I am now 72, and I don't have a huge lifespan left on this earth. But I believe before fully 50% of the Baby Boomers are dead and gone, Jesus will Return for His Church.
      Jesus gave the Church another warning in the Parable of the Foolish Virgins. There were 5 Foolish Virgins and 5 who were Prepared with Oil (The Holy Spirit) in their Lamps (vessels). All were Virgins (or Church Members) but 5 had received the Holy Spirit and 5 had not. In a picture of today's Church, I see this as meaning that fully 50% of the established membership of the world's Churches are simply playing Church and have never truly been Saved. You can Preach, lead singing, or lead a Sunday School Class and have never received the Holy Spirit. You can know a lot of Bible Stories about Jesus and yet never Know Him as your Personal Savior.

      Are you a Foolish Church member? Are you good at Playing Church on Sunday? Or is the Holy Spirit fully indwelling your Soul? You had better decide, if you don't want to be Left Behind, He is coming soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment